Financial Aid

American School of Nursing and Medical Careers has financial aid programs available to assist students based on a financial needs analysis. Although the primary responsibility of financing an education rests with the student and/or the student’s parents, many students require additional assistance to finance their educational goals. Financial assistance is available for those students who qualify.

Eligibility for financial aid and the amount awarded is determined by a financial needs formula. Each case is different. To apply for financial aid, students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available in the financial aid office. Once the form is completed correctly, the school will calculate the student’s financial need and determine the extent of eligibility. Funds are awarded based on the financial need of the student and the availability of funds. All funds are awarded confidentially and impartially.

The school participates in many types of financial aid programs. Two basic types of financial aid are offered: grants, which are a type of gift assistance and require no repayment; and loans, which a student must repay after leaving school.


  • Federal Pell Grant – Federal Pell Grant is awarded to eligible students based on the federal needs analysis. This need-based federal grant varies in the amount per academic year.
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) – The SEOG is awarded only to students who demonstrate exceptional financial need. The school receives a sum of money from the federal government that the school must award to eligible students. SEOG’s are awarded on a first come, first serve basis.


  • Federal Stafford Loan – The Federal Stafford Loan enables a student enrolled at least half time to borrow from a bank. Students qualify for a loan regardless of income, but the federal government pays the interest only on need-based loans. Ten-year repayment has a six month grace period after graduation or date of determination for withdrawals or change to less than part-time status.
  • Federal Parent PLUS Loan – The Federal Parent PLUS Loan is available for parents of dependent students. Loan applicants must pass a credit check and ten-year repayment begins immediately.

Other Financial Aid Options

  • Vocational Rehabilitation - Students with a physical disability may obtain grants-in-aid providing assistance for meeting school-related costs through the NH Vocational Rehabilitation Commission.
  • Veterans Administration Funds - Veterans and dependents of veterans should check with the Veterans Administration to see if they qualify for any tuition assistance.

Enroll in a Program Today!

There's no better time to start a new career.